Monday, February 11, 2013

DIY Valentine Wreath

I literally cannot believe Valentine's day is this week! But, I am oh-so-excited for an extra date night with my sweet man ;) 

I normally don't decorate much for smaller holidays i.e. Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day, ect., but after swooning over this wreath on Pinterest since LAST Valentine's Day, I decided to attempt to make it myself. Because lets be honest, I like to spend money, but there was no way I was spending almost $90 on a wreath when I totally knew I could DIY one myself :)

Inspiration:


I don't know about you, but this wreath literally says perfection to me. If I crush over something for over a year, you know it's gotta be good :) I almost love it as much as my snowman wreath that I did for Christmas..


But anyways, here is my DIY version of the 'xo' wreath..


Obviously, it's not perfect, but I am super happy with the way it turned out, and it's been up for about two weeks now, and it's holding up just fine! 

It was pretty simple to make and really cheap (I'm talking like a matter of under $20, can't beat that!) I bought a grapevine wreath from Hobby Lobby ($2.50) and then bought two bundles of grapevine. I wish I had taken a picture of these because I had never seen them before, but basically they were grapevine just bundled together in the middle which worked out perfect for creating the 'x'. Then I picked up some bouquets of small pink and white flowers and some hot glue sticks!

I tied the two bundles together with twine to create the x, and then tied the x to the grapevine wreath also using twine. Once they were tied together, I spent eternity the next hour hot gluing the flowers all over the wreaths. I am positive there is a better, less time consuming way to do this, because about 15 minutes in I was over it. Ha. 

Once everything was dried and in place, I looped some light pink wired edge ribbon through the back of the 'x' where I had secured the two bundles together and tied a bow around by door hanger, wah La! I love it, and have received so many compliments on it! Not too bad for under $20!

No comments:

Post a Comment